2011 Yamaha FZ1
used 11-20-15 059
Stripped Down And Ready To Rumble.
Think of the FZ1 as an upright R1 ready to take on the world. There's more fuel-injected power in that smooth 20-valve four-cylinder than most riders will ever use, in a sure-footed chassis. It's a rider's best ally, from track days, to commuting, to touring.
- Our ultimate street brawler brings 998cc of fuel-injected power to the fray, in a light-and-strong aluminum frame.
- Sculpted bodywork and a comfortable handlebar position for great looks and rider comfort.
- Adjustable suspension lets the FZ1 be dialed in for a wide range of uses—everything from urban assault to sport touring.
- Half-cowl fairing design features aggressive eye-catching naked bike profile.
- High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, dual trip meter with miles on reserve function, odometer, water temperature and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
- Two-piece seat serves up great comfort.
- Passenger grabrails provide passenger comfort while maintaining an aggressive appearance.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
- Dual 12V 60/55-watt multireflector headlight features a sleek, profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
- The ECU mapping has been revised to achieve improved throttle response in the low speed range.
- Compact design, 998cc DOHC 20-valve engine is tuned for tremendous mid-range punch and massive top-end power.
- Fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttle valves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.
- Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
- Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio.
- Carburized connecting rods with fracture split big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
- High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder lining reduces friction and maximizes heat dissipation for consistent power delivery.
- Four-into two-into one short-style exhaust system with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®), a stainless catalizer and 02 sensor. Delivers outstanding power throughout the FZ1's broad rpm range while meeting all emissions regulations.
- Race-inspired curved radiator with twin ring-style fans keeps everything cool under all conditions.
- Aggressive chassis geometry with Supersport inspired 51 percent front wheel weight bias. Provides quick and nimble handling.
- Short 4.8-gallon fuel tanks allows the rider to move into a forward position. Rider forward ergonomics move the rider into a position of great control.
- Cast aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member. Allows for optimal rigidity, light weight and superb handling.
- Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with six mounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
- Controlled-Fill (CF) aluminum swingarm. Lightweight and tuned for excellent handling and tire grip; looks great, too.
- Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or track days.
- 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers up front and a single 245mm rear disc serve up strong and consistent stopping power.
- Removable subframe for easy maintenance and detachable passenger footpegs for even more stripped-down style.
- Light, five-spoke wheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear, complete the look and serve up the traction.
- Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 20 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77 x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.1 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
- Brakes / Rear: 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
- Tires / Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 190/50-ZR17
- Length: 84.3 in.
- Width: 30.3 in.
- Height: 47.4 in.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.5 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.76 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 35 mpg
- Wet Weight: 487 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 998 cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 20 valves
- 998 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77 x 53.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU
- Front Suspension
- 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 57.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.76 gal.
- 35 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 487 lbs.
- 6-speed w/multiplate clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Liquid Silver
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)