2015 Yamaha RS VECTOR
Stock Image: Matte Black/Candy Red
Comfort, performance and durability. You CAN have it all!
- 3-Cylinder Mid Performance engine: Our Genesis® Mid Performance engine is the next generation of trail cruising powerplants. Designed from the start to be the ultimate trail engine package, this Mid Performance engine delivers simplicity, fuel economy and great performance. The advanced fuel injection system automatically keeps it running at maximum output and fuel efficiency for the conditions.
- Advanced fuel injection: The Genesis Mid Performance engine uses Yamaha’s advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine’s spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
- Engine braking reduction system: The Genesis Mid Performance engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders a “coast” feeling.
- Rear-exiting exhaust: The exhaust is routed out the back of the sled in order to optimize and maximize airflow through the engine. The tuned system is specifically engineered to produce the Mid Performance engine’s broad powerband and also to help keep the sled in balance.
- Direct-to-crankshaft clutching: Instead of using a gear reduction, the Mid Performance engine has the primary clutch directly attached to the crankshaft. This eliminates parts, complexity and weight, resulting in a better product for consumers. It also allows the engine to be mounted deeper in the chassis to deliver a lower center of gravity, further improving the sled’s cornering stability. The YVXC primary spins at 8000 RPM to transfer power from the engine to the secondary and down to the track.
- 15 x 121 x 1.25-inch Camoplast® Rip Saw™ track: The Camoplast® Rip Saw™ track is a standard feature on the RS Vector. It has been widely acclaimed in the industry as the best all-around OEM track for acceleration, cornering bite and everyday trail usage. The Rip Saw™ track development is the result of a collaborative effort between Yamaha and Camoplast®.
- Extrovert drive sprockets: Churning the track is a pair of factory-engineered extrovert drive sprockets. The engineering team purpose-built these sprockets to work with the Rip Saw™ track to further reduce noise and vibration.
- Oil Pressure Sensing System: The RS Vector is fitted with an oil pressure sensing system. If the oil pressure drops while riding, the ignition and fuel supply is controlled to limit the engine’s RPM and reduce the load on the engine. If necessary the system will stop the engine.
- Electric Power Steering: Industry-exclusive electric power steering system is velocity sensitive, delivering maximum assist up to trail speed, and gradually tapering off from there. You’ll love the EPS system because it helps isolate the rider from uncomfortable trail feedback, eases the effort required to move the bars, and provides excellent handling and predictability.
- New Tuner Dual-Keel ski: The all-new Tuner dual-keel ski greatly contributes to the RS Vector’s sporty trail character. The dual keels keep the ski tracking straight and true down the trail, eliminating nosiness and darting. Each keel has its own wearbar, and Yamaha has four different bar configurations to choose from, which means you can tune your sled's cornering bite and steering effort to suit your personal preference.
- Comfortable rider-forward position: The primary design objective of the Vector’s chassis was to create a comfortable rider-forward posture. The ergonomic treatment is achieved by locating the handlebars and seated position high and forward on the chassis. With this positioning, the rider can go from sitting to standing and back again easily and comfortably. It also centralizes the combined mass of sled and driver, for razor-sharp handling.
- Front suspension geometry: The 15mm trail offset on the ski mount helps minimize inside ski lift due to centrifugal force during turns. And, by optimizing the amount of resistance from the snow surface that’s applied to the rear end of the ski, including forces from bumps and ruts, this offset helps the RS Vector achieve its amazingly smooth handling, including its excellent straight line performance.
- 40mm HPG aluminum front shocks: The 40mm KYB® High Pressure Gas (HPG) shocks on the RS Vector’s third generation front suspension geometry deliver consistent performance with excellent fade resistance.
- Integrated airbox/small hood: The design on the RS Vector is very efficient, often integrating many functions into one component. One such example is the use of the airbox as a part of the hood design. The upper element, closest to the headlight, is comprised of the silencer cover for the airbox. This design feature allows for a very small hood piece, which keeps weight low.
- Tall, wide, hooked handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the RS Vector. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Mono Shock® II CK rear suspension: The Mono Shock II CK rear suspension uses a single shock to control the travel of the skid. In addition to the shock’s clicker, the suspension can be adjusted at the coil spring and at the control rod to suit nearly any rider in nearly any condition. Decked out with highly engineered features, this trouble-free suspension can handle trail bumps with ease.
- Tall, lightweight seat: The RS Vector’s lightweight seat features a roomy cargo space. The height of the trail seat makes it even easier to go from sitting to standing, while the firm foam provides extra comfort.
- Windshield: The windshield and side deflector design were developed using computer modeling and provide maximum wind protection with minimum aerodynamic drag and swirl-in.
- Concentrated hand warmers: The hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand’s most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- Wheels with removable bearings: Replaceable bearing wheels make maintenance easy and cheap, while the 6 spoke design adds to the visual appeal of the already stylish Vector. This design is implemented on all rear wheels.
- Wide running boards with star-punched traction: The RS Vector’s wide running boards feature star-punched traction throughout their entire length. The boards also have an outer traction roll for additional sure footing. As an added benefit, the traction holes help evacuate snow and slush from the running board.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha’s electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their RS Vector with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha’s 4-stroke machines.
- Dual DC outlets: The RS Vector offers two styles of DC outlets. It comes with a standard automotive-style outlet for cell phones, GPS or other electronics accessories. And it also comes standard with an RCA-style plug near the left hand grip to power up heated helmet visors or other small-plug accessories.
- Standard mechanical reverse: The RS Vector’s simple reverse system allows riders to back out of tight spaces hassle-free. It’s engaged with the lever located on the right shroud. Just pull out the lever and slide it to the right for quick and easy use.
- Digital gauge with data features: The RS Vector features a digital gauge array that displays a wide variety of data. In addition to standard readouts like speed, engine RPM, barometric measurements, dual trip meters and a clock, the gauge also has an oil trip readout which tracks when it’s time for an oil change and fuel trip readout which displays how many miles you’ve gone since the fuel light came on.
- Type: 4-stroke / 3-cyl / 1049cc
- Engine Class: Mid Performance
- Cooling: Liquid Cooled
- Bore & Stroke: 82.0 x 66.2 mm
- Fuel Delivery: 41mm MIKUNI X 3 with BRG, Fuel Injection, Liquid Heated
- Ignition: Digital T.C.I. w/T.P.S.
- Intake Design: 2 Valves
- Exhaust Design: 2 Valves, Rear Exhaust
- Clutch/Transmission: YVXC, Variable Ratio, Magnesium Chaincase & Cover, Reverse
- Disc Brake Type: Radial master cylinder hydraulic brake / disc on drive shaft
- Fuel Capacity: 9.2 gal. (34.6 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: 40mm, H.P.G., Aluminum
- Front Travel: 8.5 in. (216 mm)
- Rear Suspension: Mono Shock II CK
- Rear Shock(s): 46mm, H.P.G, Clicker, Aluminum
- Rear Travel: 12.4 in. (315 mm)
- Overall Height: 47.6 in. (1,210 mm)
- Overall Length: 110.8 in. (2,815 mm)
- Overall Width: 47.3 in. (1,202 mm)
- Track / W X L X H: 15 x 121 x 1.25 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw®
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42.5 in. (1080 mm)
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Lever type
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard, 9 Position Adjustable, Separate
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen X 2
- DC Output: Automotive & RCA
- Color(s): Matte Black/Candy Red
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 82.0 x 66.2 mm
- Engine Cooling
- 41mm MIKUNI X 3 with BRG, Fuel Injection, Liquid Heated
- Digital T.C.I. w/T.P.S.
- 2 Valves, Rear Exhaust
- Brake Type
- Radial master cylinder hydraulic brake / disc on drive shaft
- Drive Clutch
- YVXC, Variable Ratio
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone; Shocks: 40mm, H.P.G., Aluminum
- Front Travel
- 8.5 in. (216 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: Mono Shock II CK; Shock(s): 46mm, H.P.G, Clicker, Aluminum
- Rear Travel
- 12.4 in. (315 mm)
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (1080 mm)
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw®
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 121 x 1.25 in.
- 60/55W Halogen X 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.2 gal. (34.6 L)
- Matte Black/Candy Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard, 9 Position Adjustable, Separate
- Lever type