2016 Honda FOURTRAX RANCHER 4X4
used 10-31-18 001
Choose the Perfect ATV for the Job or Trail.
Every ATV starts with a dream. And where do you dream of riding? Maybe you’ll use your ATV for hunting or fishing. Maybe it needs to work hard on the farm, ranch or jobsite. Maybe you want to get out and explore someplace where the cellphone doesn’t ring, where the air is cold and clean. Or maybe it’s for chores around your property. Chances are, it’s going to be a little of all of those things—which is why a Honda Rancher makes sense.
The Rancher lineup gives you a huge choice of ATV features, so you can find the exact model that fits your needs. In 2016, our 420cc Rancher lineup offers a robust list of options. And there are even some sharp new color choices this year too. No matter which Rancher you choose, you’ll always get the value, quality and dependability of a Honda.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rancher’s overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine's center of gravity, and it also increases ground clearance.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector, and an oxygen sensor that allows the fuel mapping to instantaneously adjust to any riding condition—the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel economy.
- In-Tank Fuel Pump: We’ve incorporated an in-tank fuel pump for cooler pump operation, and long pump life.
- Swingarm Rear Suspension: On select Rancher models, the rear swingarm incorporates an enclosed, solid-axle design for strength and rigidity. When you need to tow a heavy load, the swingarm eliminates rear suspension squat as the load is placed on the axle itself, not on the rear shock.
- Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (Bars/Seat/Pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. With thick, soft foam, it’s more comfortable than ever.
- Digital Instruments: Easy to read and full of the information you want, in addition to the standard gear position indicator, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, and hour meter you get readouts for fuel level, clock, water temperature, speed and Honda’s “maintenance minder” system to help remind you when it’s time to have your ATV serviced.
- Reverse Lever: Revised last year, the Rancher’s reverse lever is simple, easier and more intuitive to use.
- Electric Shift Program: The convenience of push-button shifting with the rugged design of a conventional ATV transmission—that’s what you get with Honda’s exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP). Just push one button to upshift and one button to downshift. It’s a big plus when you’re wearing heavy work boots or overshoes, or riding in mud or snow. An added benefit: you get genuine compression braking for better speed control when operating in steep terrain.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 34 mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.69 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 6.69 in. travel
- Front Brake: 190 mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: 160 mm Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tire: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 82.8 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 46.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.9 in.
- Seat Height: 33.7 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 611 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
- Model Id: TRX420FE1
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 34 mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 6.69 in.
- Front Brake Type
- 190 mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- 24 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 6.69 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Brake Type
- 160 mm Sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 24 x 10-11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 611 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 7.2 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 82.8 in. x 47.4 in. x 46.2 in.
- 49.9 in.
- Drive Train
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- ESP five-speed with Reverse
- Red, Olive
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan