2017 KTM 50 SX-MINI
used 1-30-19 001
A real KTM for young crossers from the age of about 4 to 10 and a height of up to approx. 1.30 m. A real motorcycle with high quality components that's child's play to control and whose engine excels with linear power development and a beginner-friendly automatic clutch.
- Adjustable Automatic Transmission: The centrifugally controlled, multi-disc automatic clutch developed by KTM delivers easily controllable acceleration and makes riding the 50 SX the easiest thing in the world. Furthermore, it can still be quickly and easily adjusted to the specific requirements of both track and rider using the "KTM clicker system" - in a matter of seconds and with no special tools required.
- WP Chassis: A high quality, upside-down telescopic fork from WP Suspension, featuring 35 mm diameter outer tubes and 100 mm suspension travel, ensures outstanding ride stability. A WP shock absorber connected directly to the swingarm also supplies 147 mm of suspension travel at the rear wheel.
- Suspension/Damping: Both the rear shock absorber and the 35 mm upside-down telescopic fork are high-quality products from WP Suspension and guarantee ultimate damping and responsiveness.
- Engine: The modern, extremely compact, 2-stroke engine sets the benchmark in its class with its very controllable power. Thanks to the 3-shaft concept, the crankshaft is close to the bike's centre of gravity. This not only benefits the handling; it also provides a flow-optimized inflow angle at the intake membrane – a prerequisite for maximum performance.
- Optional Restrictor Kit: For absolute beginners, the engine power can be restricted to a moderate 5.5 hp with a kit from the PowerParts range.
- Radiator: Just like the big KTM bikes, the 50 SX is also equipped with water cooling that even cools the crankcase. Generously dimensioned radiators ensure excellent heat dissipation and therefore high reliability, even under extreme loads.
- Clutch: The centrifugally controlled, multi-disc automatic clutch developed by KTM delivers easily controllable acceleration and makes riding this bike the easiest thing in the world. It can be adjusted in no time at all, without special tools, to the specific requirements of both track and rider.
- Brakes: Both at the front and rear, state-of-the-art hydraulic disc brakes from FORMULA ensure best possible retardation. The exclusive, self-cleaning Wave brake discs stand for the ultimate in race technology and outstanding safety.
- Wheels: Just like the big factory bikes, the 50 SX is equipped with ultra-light, black anodized aluminum rims that easily withstand even the biggest of jumps. The 50 SX is now equipped with the very latest generation tire from MAXXIS, featuring a profile that guarantees optimum grip on every surface.
- Water Cooling: The liquid-cooling system of the KTM 50 SX, with two large radiators and additional cooling for the crankcase, prevents the engine overheating, even under the most extreme loads. The smallest KTM is even unfazed by coming to blows with the ground.
- Handlebar: The ergonomic Renthal handlebar made from a high-quality aluminum alloy ensures the highest levels of stability and safety. A Renthal crash pad around the centre brace protects the rider from hard knocks.
- Graphics: The graphic design derived from that of the full-size SX bikes makes the little KTM even cooler. Its frame has a hardwearing plastic coating in anthracite metallic.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 49 cm³
- Bore: 39.5 mm
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: Single-speed automatic
- Primary drive: 61:33
- Secondary gear ratio: 10:42
- Clutch: Centrifugal clutch (adjustable)
- EMS: Seletra 2p D36
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber
- Suspension travel (front): 100 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 147 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16"
- Steering head angle: 67.4 °
- Wheelbase: 914 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 184 mm
- Seat height: 558 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 2.1 l
- Weight READY TO RACE (without fuel): 40 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 49 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 39.5 x 40 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Dry Weight
- 40 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 L
- 914 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 184 mm
- Seat Height
- 558 mm
- Single-speed automatic
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in.